Saturday, December 29, 2012

TOP TEN YOUNG ADULT ROMANCE OF 2012


                             
   

BOOKS ARE A CONSTANT COMPANION. Year 2012 has been a hardship for me. I experienced emotional breakdown and even identity confusion. Whenever I feel like isolating myself from the rest of the world, I grab my backpack and search for a book, or take out my e-reader. 

I was never a fan of romantic novels until Fifty Shades of Grey. Then, I suddenly felt the urge of warming my heart even a little bit. No, don't talk about my non-existent love life. Fine! Just so you know, I did experienced a relationship even if I was too in love with my books. That was almost two years ago. Uh, three maybe? Ha! Going back, I decided to make a list of romantic novels that touched me this year. They are actually good! Some of them are debut novels and others are not. 


In no particular order, my list begins with ...

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins

This is sooooo girly! Hahaha! I love the entire romance in this book! And I do love Étienne!




HOPELESS by Colleen Hoover


I just finished this afternoon and it took a part of me. I won't ever forget this book! The chemistry between the main characters are so obvious I want to meet them personally (if that is possible)


SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL by Trish Doller


this appeared on my best stand-alone books list too! Until now, I am touched with the story of Harper and Travis.


* ALWAYS YOU by Kirsty Moseley

This is true love bound by long-time friendship and trust. I know Clay and Riley's story doesn't happen a lot in reality but I found this one really endearing. Falling in love with your best friend is never too easy, especially when you are risking not just the friendship but your entire future.


FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green


For starters, I was a mess after reading this. Believe it or not, until this very moment, I still haven't moved on with Hazel Ann and Augustus' tragic love story. This is John Green at his finest. 


FORGET YOU by Jennifer Echols

Zoey forgets but not I. I read every single book Jennifer Echols written. So far, I loved this one. I am at a loss for words with this one. After Going too Far, I'm expecting so much from her but she proves me wrong every time. 




THE THING ABOUT THE TRUTH by Lauren Barnholdt

Hot guy aside, this love-hate relationship between Isaac and Kelsey made me love the book. It involves high school drama, romance and betrayal. Very typical, ordinary so to say. But Lauren Barnhodlt's attack to the story is really really compelling. I got addicted to this. Once gripped, never put down.



YOUNG LOVE MURDER by April Bookshire

Action-packed, full of romance. Annabelle is a trained assassin while Gabriel is a young hot senior. I am hooked with this because of the romance and action. The twist and turns of the story is a good point too!


THE ALCHEMY OF FOREVER by Avery Williams


This is not your ordinary story of love and immortality. I love the beginning of the story and the unexpected ending. Noah and Seraphina, together, they are a great pair! Love this and can't wait for the next book!


Last but definitely not the list,

ROMEO REDEEMED by Stacey Jay


Of all the different adaptations of the most tragic love story of all time, Stacey Jay's version is what I liked the most. Romeo, or Dylan in this version is one of my fictional crushes- which I will post later. Anyway, this novel brought out too many emotions to me. You will know my rants here in my review



-----

As much as I want to list all the books I've read this year, those books above have caught my interest and stayed on my mind until now. Honestly, once I've read a book, I might forget about it one or two days later. Worse, I might even forget the characters once I'm done reading it. I hope my list gives you the idea and even caught your interest. 

So, tell me what you're thinking. You can agree with me or yell at me by posting your comments below. I'd like to hear from you. I appreciate everything. :)


---A.


Next on my blog: 


* BOOKS I LOVED AFTER FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
* TOP TEN FICTIONAL CRUSHES OF 2012

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you again! You can leave your contact below so we can keep in touch!