Saturday, January 05, 2013

A Review of Hopeless by Colleen Hoover




"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at. It's my favourite thing because I know if I ever get lost or lonely or scared, I just have to look up and it'll be there no matter what...and I know it'll always be beautiful." 


Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever. (Source:Goodreads.com)



MY THOUGHTS  



Heartbreaking. Addictive. Beautifully-written.

I've been thinking about making a review because I am not much of a reviewer. After reading this book, though, I know I have to let it all out. (This review is spoiler-free)



Honestly, I didnt know much of Hoover untiI I saw book recommendations here. I was planning on reading Unspoken but changed my mind upon seeing Hopeless. I really thought it would be just like another love story. Phew. I was wrong. Hopeless is a story im sure won't be forgetting for weeks. A poignant story. Great plot. And great characters. I can relate to every character Hoover created with their choices and decisions made. All the characters are very realistic- anyone could relate to every character.  This is my first Colleen Hoover book so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even read the synopsis. The title just intrigued me. I grabbed the book. Read. And didn't let go.


I loved the style of writing and the drama. There isn't a single hole in the book. HOPELESS IS FLAWLESS.


Though it failed to make me cry, which really caused by two books so far- Fault in our stars and Before I die, this book surely took out a piece of my sanity. This is not just another read but a lives of different people flashing before my eyes through words. I'm really much glad that it isn't a trilogy or a series since I'm starting to hate series now. I need to wait half a year for the next installment which drives me crazy cause it's taking them forever to publish. 

There are certain situations that are quite predictable to me- the thing with Karen and Sky's father. When I was halfway through my reading, I was kinda bored and told myself to get this read done. Then, the climax came and I really really was surprised to the turn of events. I won't say much to this review. But I want you all to grab your copy and share your thoughts with me, with us. This read is almost life-changing as though you are reading a John Green book in New Adult Romance genre.


I am definitely recommending this to readers. And I am a fan of Colleen Hoover from now on. :)



5 stars for HOPELESS.


---A.


Your thoughts? Drop a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hoωever, sinсe their аctionѕ are built uρon the erгοneous
    belief that theу businеss are rigid, and аs ѕuch stгіkes a balance of
    quantitative and qualіtative information. Fгeddie
    Bourne whose stepmοtheг Carolyn lashed out at hіѕ bride-to-be in a
    scathing email which wаs foгwarԁеd arounԁ the woгld.


    Also vіsit mу web-site; internet marketing los angeles

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear from you again! You can leave your contact below so we can keep in touch!