Monday, October 29, 2012

A Sugar-Coated Suicide Note of an Angry Teenager

Clinically dead for about six thousand seven hundred days,
   the world keeps revolving, swiftly moving without me
My body is caged; blood drained and emptied from my system
   my soul is trapped; I am a witness of this sheer catastrophe.

Slowly, the ground disintegrates as the Earth gives birth to cataclysm,
   Violent air screaming, ever-beating through the broken windows
A grain of thunder softly tapping over the wrecked rooftop
   Teardrops ravishingly pour down from the bloodshot heaven of grieving and sorrow

Like inflated ball, curled up in the corner of this dark room,
   gently rocking back and forth, cradling and protecting myself from all the gloom
With an old pen and a piece of lonely paper in my bruised hands,
   the secret life of a giant fraud, the truth, I am holding on to stand.

Tracing patterns, searching for congruity of words and thoughts,
   my calloused fingers linger, uncertain between breaking down or holding on to the line
the clock ticks, reality is like a painless continuing punch in the gut
   The walls are pressing closer; my pride, fancy letters and an imaginary world is all I got.

Somewhere between these lines I watch myself stop and cry,
   my ethereal form hovers above me; lifts a hand with the illusion of plain recognition
I am not a coward; willing to face the ultimate demise of innocence
   I am not about to give up; the one who starts the journey, the one who will make it end.

It is prim and proper to call upon the people who once taught me to be strong
   The loud mumbling of the wicked night, and the soft strike of the morning sun; they are all wrong
For everything I have done, there is a magnanimous price
   Farewell, my friends, this is hoe I end; eager enough to cut my own life line.



I made this when I got up this morning. Words kept playing around the atmosphere and I thought it's time to clear my mind. I would like to tell you that I am not encouraging suicide attempts to anyone, specifically to the youth today. Teenage suicide has been a problem not just in our country but to the world nowadays. There is a need for everyone to give just enough attention to this social issue, especially to those parents who are not aware of the emotional degradation their children suffer. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming the parents with all the problems that their children are facing but somehow, they are one of the million factors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you again! You can leave your contact below so we can keep in touch!