Sunday, March 11, 2012

FIRST DRAFT "TRAP"

I was trying to find a good title for my novel and i came out with "TRAP".
it is a trilogy so don't expect that you would know everything in the first book. But i guarantee you, it'll be worth it. :) it is a dystopian novel.


THE CRIMSON SPARKS TRILOGY
TRAP (1st Book)



Here's an excerpt. Actually,this is the prologue but just the first draft :)

PROLOGUE

I’ve seen worse in this world. My heart is tired from running away. Yet tired of being a prisoner too. The sound of the whispering wind slides down inside my body.


This house is different from the others, even from the one that I used to live in, neither from where the officials sent me to. This is what one can call “home”. My eyes rocket through the four gigantic walls, one crystal clear flooring and numbers of glass windows that I couldn’t count. Everything about it tells a story of the endless life that encircles the world. The walls… ceilings… the floors… they are all foreign to me but I feel homed. The strangest thing about the huge walls and the hundred stories the house shares, there are no locks on every door. Yes, there is none; not even the front door. The owner trusts all the people around him. And I want to negate and to contradict his belief but I know he is a man of his words. Besides, I am new here and I can’t even kiss the thousand ideas in my head and form them into words. It’s better to keep my silence than to speak of worthless words.
I have this feeling that I don’t want to leave this solemn house anymore. But I must. Sooner…


It feels like home even if I am not a member of this family. I am a lost little cat who ran away from home. No, I didn’t run away. I have no place to live in. Home is a word that circumstances took away in my life a hundred times. I wandered around without an exact place in my mind. I am an orphan for days that I cannot count. I traveled from place to place without certainty that somebody would find me.
But they found me. It’s been thousand hours ago when a father and his son found me freezing on the ice cold winter night. I remember collapsing under an old oak tree, miles away from this place. I have nowhere to shelter me from the heavy and drastic falling of the snow. I stayed there so no one would notice me. I was ready to face my grim. Nobody’s looking for me anyway. Sometimes, I think I want to disappear… but what I really want is to be found.
After Sofia’s death, my mother, I entirely detached myself from the planet. Liberation and death are two likely things for me. But I know I was wrong.
When Sofia died, the soldiers came crashing our door, hauling mom’s body. I was crying over her death but they took her away from me the moment her soul departed. But it never ended there. I was locked away, along with the other girls of my age, helping the officials. They told me that I should be serving the government instead of brooding over her death. Service is the work of every citizen of Dicentra but not mine.


There were hundreds of them who chased me. I was sent to a building far away from the suburbs. I remember it was the detention center. I was locked for a week but I managed to escape while having lessons on discipline. I ran away. I went to places where I can hide. I run. I hide. I run and I hide. They were chasing me. The soldiers are hunting me. There’s uncertainty if they would ever give up. But the only way to survive is to run away. I am not sure until when. I will run whenever I have to.



THIS IS NOT THE ENTIRE PROLOGUE, ALRIGHT? JUST AN EXCERPT. :)


HAPPY READING!




OKAY, THIS IS MY PROPERTY. PLEASE DO RESPECT.
GOD BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear from you again! You can leave your contact below so we can keep in touch!